Professional Practice / Creative Entrepreneurship for PhotographersCamilo Potocnjak-Oxman
Redesigned for online delivery and particularly relevant in the current climate the ACP’s new course Creative Entrepreneurship for Photographers is designed for people who are interested in exploring ways to use entrepreneurial tools to develop their photographic careers and identify new professional business opportunities.
Students will be provided with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to conceive, structure and articulate a creative venture concept.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand key concepts and frameworks required for the practice of entrepreneurship;
- Recognise internal resources and capabilities, and how these can be used to form entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Develop conceptual solutions and preliminary prototypes for engagement and testing with key stakeholders relevant to the entrepreneurial opportunity;
- Describe an entrepreneurial opportunity in a language appropriate to the global entrepreneurial ecosystem; and
- Communicate a vision and project plan in a manner that is clear, credible and compelling to potential funding parties and clients.
Camilo Potocnjak-Oxman is an Industrial Designer with a Master of Management from the Australian National University, where he has taught entrepreneurship and innovation-related courses since 2015 and currently convenes the Research School of Management’s Master of Entrepreneurship & Innovation. His design practice, mainly independent, has allowed him to work in the food, disability, mining, games and education industries, while developing brands for small entrepreneurial organisations in Chile, Australia and Japan.
Creative Entrepreneurship for Photographers is delivered at the same time on the same day over three weeks with a maximum class size of eight participants.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Business Basics for Photographers, or equivalent experience
- Camera Craft 2, or equivalent experience
- Note book and pen
- Zoom installed on your computer - you do not need a paid account
- Computer with stable internet connection, working webcam and microphone