Camera Craft 1Fiona Wolf-Symeonides / Bill Green / Michael Waite
A bundle discount of 15% is available if you enrol in multiple classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Designed to help you get the most out of your DSLR or Compact-System camera, Camera Craft 1 will help develop your creativity while teaching you how to use your camera in full manual mode.
Learn about the fundamental creative principles of photography and how these principles relate to your camera's functions in a series of informative lectures. Each week, you'll be given a practical assignment, the results of which will be reviewed in the following class.
You'll also be encouraged to discuss historical and contemporary images with your classmates, which will help develop your understanding of exposure, subject and composition.
This course is for those wishing to build a solid foundation in photography or who plan to continue developing their photographic skills at ACP. Participants should expect to bring their assignments as 4x6 prints each week.
This course runs at the same time on the same day, every week over 5 weeks with a maximum class size of 8 participants.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- This course requires no previous experience.
- Bring your own DSLR or Mirrorless (MILC) camera (charged batteries and memory card). If you are unsure please search your camera brand and model for clarification.
- Camera manual (download from the internet if necessary)
- Note book and pen
- From week 2 students are required to bring in 6x4 prints of their assignments.
- Please review our FAQ for terms and conditions of enrolment.
(Subject to change due to COVID-19 social distancing. Participants will be notified in advance)
Australian Centre for Photography
19 Foley Street
Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010
at Ted's World of Imaging
317 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Image courtesy of and © ACP Student Catherine Reilly, 2019.