Black & White: PrintMichael Waite
A bundle discount of 15% is available if you enrol in multiple classes. Email email@example.com for more information.
The ACP is moving into a brand-new darkroom! Stay tuned for a formal announcement soon!
In this 6 week hands-on course you will learn the art of making good quality Black & White prints in the darkroom.
Your tutor, Michael Waite, will go through the basics of print exposure and development, dodging and burning, and look at the control of tone and shade in your prints.
Students will be required to bring in their existing Black & White negatives and 8x10 resin-coated paper and 8x10 fibre based paper.
This course runs at the same time on the same day every week for four weeks with a maximum class size of eight participants.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Black & White: Process, Proof & Scan, or relevant experience
- Bring Resin-coated and Fibre-based Black & White Paper
- Bring a range of processed B&W negatives along with the corresponding proof sheets.
- Don’t wear ‘good’ clothes. There is a chance that clothes will get stained by darkroom chemicals or bring an apron/lab-coat
- Closed shoes are mandatory in the darkroom - no sandals or thongs.
- Note pad and pen
- Please review our FAQ for terms and conditions of enrolment.
Image courtesy of and © ACP student Shawn Hollbach 2019