How do I know if I have the relevant experience?
For those of you who have completed any of our courses, the required experience for a new course is outlined in reference to our another course. For example if you would like to enrol in Camera Craft 2, we recommend you complete Camera Craft 1.

If you have not enrolled with us before but have experience with photography we recommend you complete and grade one of the following for quizzes:

What if I am unable to attend one of the course's sessions?
We understand that things change and you may miss one of your sessions. With advanced noticed students can request to attend an alternative day for courses that run across various dates. No refunds are given to students who miss a class. 

How do I know if I have the right camera?
Camera models, types and brands can be tricky. To ensure you have the right camera visit your camera's product page online and check it's Type under Tech Specs. Suitable cameras include Single Lens Reflex Camera (SLR), Digital Single-Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR) and Mirrorless Interchangeable lens camera (MILC). 

What is ACP's refund policy?
Plans change. We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at least 14 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given if notice is given after this period unless a medical certificate is provided.

What is ACP's credit/transfer policy?
ACP is happy to offer a credit or transfer on courses should you become unavailable to attend. We require at least 7 days notice before the scheduled event date for all credit and transfer requests. Unless ACP has rescheduled the course not credits can be given with less then 7 days notice. All credits and transfers expire 12 months from the original course/workshop date and we ask that no more than three transfers be used per credit. Please note credits can not be exchanged for a refund.

Where are the workshops and courses located?
Workshops and courses are held at the National Art School in Darlinghurst. Please refer to the course description for more information. On occasion courses may meet at alternative locations for photo-shoots or gallery visits.

Can I obtain a student visa by completing ACP courses?
No, our courses are not accredited and therefore do not meet requirements for international students seeking to obtain a student visa. There are many wonderful institutions that provide fully accredited courses in photography and photo-media in Sydney. Please consider the National Art School, TAFE, Raffles, University of Technology, Sydney, University of NSW, Art & Design and the University of Sydney, Sydney College of the Arts.

What is Photostart, and what are the conditions of entry?  
Photostart is three distinct platforms for ACP to celebrate and promote the talent of our students: Online Gallery, Publication & Exhibition. At the end of each ACP Workshop term, students have the opportunity to submit work to be selected across our Photostart programs. For submission guidelines and our full terms and conditions click here.

Am I eligible for concession pricing? 
Eligible forms of concession include:

  • Centrelink issued Pensioner Concession cardholders
  • Holders of Seniors cards issued by any Australian State or Territory government
  • Veterans’ Affairs cardholders
  • Full time secondary or tertiary student cards (e.g. NSW Senior Secondary Student Concession Card or interstate equivalent; NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card  or interstate equivalent; or the International Student Identity Card)