Black & White: PrintMichael Waite
This course runs at the same time every week over six weeks
National Art School
Forbes St & Burton St
In this 6 week hands-on course you will learn the art of making good quality Black & White prints in the darkroom.
Your tutor, Michael Waite, will go through the basics of print exposure and development, dodging and burning, and look at the control of tone and shade in your prints.
Students will be required to bring in their existing Black & White negatives and 8x10 resin-coated paper and 8x10 fibre based paper.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Black & White: Process, Proof & Scan, or relevant experience
- Bring Resin-coated and Fibre-based Black & White Paper
- Bring a range of processed B&W negatives along with the corresponding proof sheets.
- Don’t wear ‘good’ clothes. There is a chance that clothes will get stained by darkroom chemicals or bring an apron/lab-coat
- Closed shoes are mandatory in the darkroom - no sandals or thongs.
- Note pad and pen
Image courtesy of and © ACP Student Jerry Zylberberg © 2015