Foundations / Camera Craft 2Steven Cavanagh
Redesigned for online delivery the ACP’s ever-popular Camera Craft 2 is about aesthetics and the technical aspects of light and exposure. You will learn how light, colour, composition and approach will impact on the way your images are made and read by the viewer.
This course is designed for people who would like to develop their own unique style. Each week an assignment will be set and your images reviewed during the following class. Your style and approach will be guided by a series of lectures, slides and discussion around various historical and contemporary images that will help you visualise key themes and techniques.
This course has been devised for those who have completed our Camera Craft 1 course and are looking to continue their instruction in photography and develop their 'eye'. This course is a prerequisite for participants interested in enrolling in our specialist courses.
Camera Craft 2 is delivered at the same time on the same day over five weeks with a maximum class size of eight participants.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Camera Craft 1 or equivalent experience
- Bring your own DSLR or Mirrorless (MILC) camera (charged batteries and memory card). If you are unsure please search your camera brand and model for clarification.
- Camera manual (download from the internet if necessary)
- Note book and pen
- From week 2 students are required to present their assignments digitally to the class for discussion and review.
- Zoom installed on your computer - you do not need a paid account
- Computer with stable internet connection, working webcam and microphone
Image courtesy and © ACP Student Mary Horniblow.