Foundations / Camera Craft 1Fiona Wolf-Symeonides / Glenn Lockitch
A bundle discount of 15% is available if you enrol in multiple classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Redesigned for online delivery the ACP’s ever-popular Camera Craft 1 course will help develop your creativity while teaching you how to use your DSLR or Compact-System camera in full manual mode.
Learn about the fundamental creative principles of photography and how these principles relate to your camera's functions in a series of informative lectures. Each week, you'll be given a practical assignment, the results of which will be reviewed in the following class.
You'll also be encouraged to discuss historical and contemporary images with your classmates, which will help develop your understanding of exposure, subject and composition.
This course is for those wishing to build a solid foundation in photography or who plan to continue developing their photographic skills at ACP. Participants should expect to present their assignments digitally to the class each week.
Camera Craft 1 is delivered at the same time on the same day over five weeks with a maximum class size of eight participants.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- This course requires no previous experience.
- Your own DSLR or Mirrorless (MILC) camera (charged batteries and memory card). If you are unsure please search your camera brand and model for clarification.
- Camera manual (download from the internet if necessary)
- Note book and pen
- From week 2 students are required to present their assignments digitally to the class for discussion and review.
- Zoom installed on your computer - you do not need a paid account
- Computer with stable internet connection, working webcam and microphone
- Please review our FAQ for terms and conditions of enrolment.
Image courtesy and © ACP Student David Rigby.